Friday 13 January 2012

Exploring the world.

In the style of Mishka Henner I explored the world through Google Street View. I thought of a country firstly that I had never visited and secondly somewhere that I had no idea about. I wanted to research South Africa as I had no ideas or thoughts about what it may look like. I typed in South Africa which brought up a map of the country. I chose cape town and dropped the cursor over it so it would go in to street view.  I started to find some really interesting images. I kept zooming out of the street view and dropping the cursor on to different locations.  


This is image I found by chance but think it is amazing to find images like this. It gives an insight to what the rest of the world is like without even having to move. It allows you to experience different places that you might not even see if you travelled to that place.





 This is another image I found quite close to the first image which is hard to believe. I print screened this image so it included the beach hut on the left hand side. It shows such a contrast between the two images that are so close together regarding locationg. One seems quite rural and unfinished where as the other seems idylic.  I put these two images together as there is elements of colours within both the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment