Tuesday 3 January 2012

To follow the photograph of Freya wearing the latex mask on her own face I began to think about my identity. I wanted to use the same sort of material or at least something that looked similar. I didn’t have time to create a mask of my own face and also I didn’t want to use the same idea. I found a wooden carving of a face which I thought would be a good idea. I covered it in cling film and started to drip wax over it and mould it round to fit in all the different areas. Unfortunately that didn’t work out as well as I thought it would, it was quite difficult to get the wax mask off the wooden ornament.  I continued to use wax as it was a similar material to the mask used in the previous image. I poured melted wax on some brown paper and put my finger prints in it. I didn’t feel this portrayed an image about my identity so I placed my hand on the brown paper and dripped melted wax around the contours of my hands. This then created a hand print but in a different way.



No comments:

Post a Comment